Tuesday 22 May 2007

Datong - Search in vain for the CL final..

Datong is a city with 4 million inhabitants & after an exhausting search of local hotels & bars we have discovered there is officially nowhere to watch the Champions League Final in this hell-hole. We are scarpering in 2 hours on an overnight train to Taiyuan in search of ESPN-Asia, which is showing the game. I will be semi-suicidal if I miss this game. No joke. Keep all sharp objects away from my grasp.


Here's a picture of us in far better humour. Istanbul 2005 - lets hope for a repeat performance!


UPDATE (26/05/07) - After an exhaustive search of Taiyuan we finally found a 4-star hotel which had the game. We blew a week's accomodation budget on a room (40 inch plasma TV) to watch the biggest Italian smash and grab job since the march of the Roman Empire. I guess after Istanbul karma was just waiting to catch up with us. I still think that Inzhaghi is rivalling Gary Neville & Peter Kenyon for the title of the most odious man in world football.

3 comments:

Yednnek said...

Chin up Walshy! The almighty had a chat with me last night and he said you'll be grand.

Yednnek said...

Hey Walshy.

I have full faith you will get a prime spot for the game.
Probably in some random family's living room!!!
I have linked my shiny new blog to you (where I also committed my big match opinions) - it's yednnek.blogspot.com.

Enjoy the game,
P.

Anonymous said...

I really really really hope you got to watch it.